To Contact The PTO please email us at PTO@belmar.k12.nj.us
- President - Erin Welsch
- Vice President - Virginia Conklin
- Treasurer - Susan Trogu
- Recording Secretary - Erica Wortman
- Corresponding Secretary - Gina Colucci
- Communication Coordinator - Jennifer Washburn
Below is the list of Tentative PTO Meeting Dates for 2020-21. All meetings will be held via Zoom @ 7pm - see the link below to attend:
Sep 9, 2020 07:00 PM
Oct 14, 2020 07:00 PM
Nov 11, 2020 07:00 PM
Dec 9, 2020 07:00 PM
Jan 13, 2021 07:00 PM
Feb 10, 2021 07:00 PM
Mar 10, 2021 07:00 PM
Apr 14, 2021 07:00 PM
May 12, 2021 07:00 PM
Jun 9, 2021 07:00 PM
Please download and import the following iCalendar (.ics) files to your calendar system.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 923 2395 2415
Upcoming PTO Events/Fundraisers: - Check out our FaceBook Page (Belmar Elementary School PTO) for up to date information!
Next Meeting: Wednesday - September 9th at 7pm via the Zoom Link provided above. All are welcome, please join us!
- Fall Book Fair - Virtual Scholastic Book Fair - September 14 -27th use this link to shop https://bookfairsfiles.scholastic.com/flippingbooks/F20-premium-booklist/F20-premium-booklist.html#p=1
- Fall Mums Sale - Order forms due 10/2 - Pick up @ Lanza’s Flower Farm - 1823 New Bedford Rd., Wall Township Oct. 8th - 10th
- Apparel Sale - Running in November - Look for more information to come…...
- After School Enrichment Programs - On Hold This Fall
- Fashion Show - Lights, Camera, Fashion - TBD
- Fun Runs - More information to come….TBD
- Mother (Someone Special)/Son Dance - Look for more information to come….
- Daddy (Someone Special)/Daughter Dance - Look for more information to come...
- Disney Dance - March - After school dance for students grades K - 3rd - Disney attire is encouraged!
- Manasquan Recreation Dance - Belmar PTO is sponsoring 1 of these dances for 5th-8th graders at St. Denis Gym - More information to come…..
- Scholarships - Scholarship applications are due May, 2021 - more information to come….
- Field Day - Spring May, 2021 - Look for more information to come.
- Stop & Shop - We have joined the A+ Rewards Program - Connect your rewards card to our school and shop, cash will be donated back to our school! Look for more information on how to register to come home or; Visit stopandshop.com and select Savings & Rewards. Follow the prompts to create your online account. You’ll need your 13-digit Stop & Shop Card number and the School ID # 40635. (A+ School Rewards Program) Program runs 9/6/20 - 3/14/21
- Shoprite - We have joined the Shoprite for My School program - register your Price Plus Card @ Shoprite for my school and connect it to Belmar Elementary School and earn cash for our school just by shopping.
Get involved for an hour, a day, an event! Join a committee, chair an event! We are always looking for volunteers to assist with all our events and fundraisers - reach out to any officer for information or email us PTO@Belmar.k12.nj.us
Please continue to support these ongoing fundraising activities:
Box Tops for Education: Has changed - download the Box Tops app and link your account to our school - and scan your receipt. We will directly receive the $ from your purchases. If you still have box tops continue sending in your box tops from eligible Betty Crocker products. We are thrilled with the participation we have in this program and hope that more families will participate. Please check out the Box Tops For Education website link below for more information:
Stop & Shop A+ Rewards Program: September 6, 2019 - March 14, 2020 when you register your loyalty/rewards card with Belmar Elementary School - and earn cash for our school just by shopping with your Stop & Shop Card. https://stopandshop.com/school-rewards/ BES ID # 40635
THANK YOU TO ALL THE FAMILIES WHO ARE SUPPORTING OUR ONGOING FUNDRAISERS!
The funds raised during these programs assist in supporting a variety of programs including:
- Pre-K and K Orientation
- Welcome Back Teacher Breakfast
- Teacher Grants
- Assemblies & Educational Programs for our Children
- Mother / Son & Daddy / Daughter Events
- After School Enrichment Programs
- Field Day
- Teacher Appreciation Luncheon
- Student Scholarships
- 8th Grade Breakfast
- And many others......
PTO Scholarship Information
The Belmar Elementary School PTO is once again awarding two $1,000 scholarships to recent high school graduates to help with the cost of continuing their education after high school. To qualify, the applicant must be 1) a graduate of Belmar Elementary School, 2) graduating high school this June, and (3) attending college in the fall. The scholarship recipients will be selected based on several factors, including academics, community service, involvement in extracurricular activities, and the applicant’s essay submission.
Applications must be postmarked by May 27, 2022. Recipients will be selected no later than June 6, 2022, and will be notified via email.
ALL APPLICANTS SHOULD BE:
1) A graduate of Belmar Elementary School and have attended from 5-8th grade at least
2) Current resident of Belmar or Lake Como
3) Graduating high school this June
4) Attending college or trade school in the fall.
The mission of Belmar's PTO is to make our school a great place for our kids to thrive. We do this by raising money, and offering fun and educational assemblies, activities and programs that enhance our students learning experience throughout the school year. Belmar Elementary PTO works to bring together the parents and teachers of our students, our local businesses and community. This unique collaboration allows us to achieve our goals and expand them to meet even more specific needs of our students and school.
School boards, including Belmar’s, belong to a state organization, creatively known as the New Jersey School Boards’ Association. They are trying to do outreach to parents to educate them about how schools work and how parents can best advocate on behalf of their kids. They now have a webpage on their site specifically dedicated to parents. I’d like to get the information out to our PTO parents.
PTO Sponsored Enrichment