The Belmar Elementary School PTO is awarding (2) $1000 scholarships this year. All applications must be emailed by May 29th to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please inform any Belmar graduate who is a graduating this June and attending college or trade school in the fall, as they qualify for this scholarship.
To Contact The PTO please email us at PTO@belmar.k12.nj.us
- President - Carol Turano
- Vice President - Virginia Conklin
- Treasurer - Susan Trogu
- Recording Secretary - Erica Wortman
- Corresponding Secretary - Gina Colucci
- Communication Coordinator - Jennifer Washburn
Below is the list of all PTO meeting dates. All meetings are held in the second Wednesday night of each month (unless otherwise noted) in the second floor library at 7pm. Peer leaders are available to watch younger children.
Tentative PTO Meeting Dates for 2019-20. All meetings will be held at the school Media Center / Library at 7pm - except the morning one listed for 8:30am.
- Wednesday, September 11, 2019
- Wednesday, October 16, 2019
- Wednesday, November 13, 2019 @ 8:30AM & 7PM
- Wednesday, December 11,2019
- Wednesday, January 8, 2020
- Wednesday, February 12, 2020
- Wednesday, March 11, 2020 @ 8:30AM & 7 PM
- Wednesday, April 8, 2020
- Wednesday, May 13, 2020 @ 8:30 AM & @ 7 PM
- Wednesday, May 13, 2020
- June , 2020 (TBD due to end of year activities)
Upcoming PTO Events/Fundraisers: - Check out our FaceBook Page (Belmar Elementary School PTO) for up to date information!
Next Meeting: March 11th (Wednesday) at 8:30AM & 7PM in the School Media Center (childcare provided). All are welcome, please join us!
- Spring Book Fair - Scholastic Book Fair - Volunteers Needed
- March Madness - PTO Basketball Court Fundraiser - Information was sent home in your child’s backpack - all donations are due by March 13th - help us make our children's dream a reality!!
- Spring Apparel Sale - April 2020
- Shoprite Bagging - March 29th - 9am - 5pm BES students will be bagging for tips, do your grocery shopping and let our students bag for you! (All proceeds go to build our Basketball Court).
- Yankee Candle Sale - Happening Now - orders due soon!
- Hispanic Food Night - April 30th - Join us for a night of Spanish Food - more details to come!
- Mother’s Day Jewelry Sale - May 9th - students will be able to purchase a gift for someone special during school hours - gifts range from $2 - $10.
- Family Math Night - March 18th 6-7pm - Power up your Math Skills- 1st & 2nd grade students only - come learn simple math skills and have some fun with your children! Free event….. More information coming home in your child’s backpack!
- Discount Card Sale -$10.00 for a card with discounts to local businesses and eateries.
- Fun Food Friday - Look for more information for March!
- After School Enrichment Programs - NEW THIS YEAR!! - after school classes/programs for our students - another session to start in Spring 2020.
- Book Swap - Coming in the Spring - send your gently used books into school anytime before the event!
- Fun Runs - New This Year!! Feel like doing something fun and healthy with your child/children? Register for 1 or all 3 of our New Fun Runs: Feb 21st - Hot Chocolate Run $5 March 20th - Bagel Bash $5 & April 24th - Color Run $20. Sign up for all 3 for $25!! More information coming home soon!
- Mother (Someone Special)/Son Dance - April 9, 2020 @ Taylor Pavillion! Look for more information to come.
- Disney Dance - March 16th 3-4pm - After school dance for students grades K - 3rd - Disney attire is encouraged!
- Manasquan Recreation Dance - Belmar PTO is sponsoring 1 of these dances for 5th-8th graders on April 3rd 7-9:30pm - at St. Denis Gym Volunteers Needed to assist at the dance!
- Scholarships - Scholarship applications are due May, 2020
- Field Day - May 2020 - more information to come.
- Stop & Shop - We have joined the A+ Rewards Program - Connect your rewards card to our school and shop, cash will be donated back to our school! Look for more information on how to register to come home or; Visit stopandshop.com and select Savings & Rewards. Follow the prompts to create your online account. You’ll need your 13-digit Stop & Shop Card number and the School ID # 40635. (A+ School Rewards Program) Program runs 9/6/19 - 3/14/20
- Shoprite - We have joined the Shoprite for My School program - register your Price Plus Card @ Shoprite for my school and connect it to Belmar Elementary School and earn cash for our school just by shopping
Get involved for an hour, a day, an event! Join a committee, chair an event! We are always looking for volunteers to assist with all our events and fundraisers - reach out to any officer for information or email us PTO@Belmar.k12.nj.us
Please continue to support these ongoing fundraising activities:
Box Tops for Education: Has changed - download the Box Tops app and link your account to our school - and scan your receipt. We will directly receive the $ from your purchases. If you still have box tops continue sending in your box tops from eligible Betty Crocker products. We are thrilled with the participation we have in this program and hope that more families will participate. Please check out the Box Tops For Education website link below for more information:
Stop & Shop A+ Rewards Program: September 6, 2019 - March 14, 2020 when you register your loyalty/rewards card with Belmar Elementary School - and earn cash for our school just by shopping with your Stop & Shop Card. https://stopandshop.com/school-rewards/
THANK YOU TO ALL THE FAMILIES WHO ARE SUPPORTING OUR ONGOING FUNDRAISERS!
The funds raised during these programs assist in supporting a variety of programs including:
- Pre-K and K Orientation
- Welcome Back Teacher Breakfast
- Teacher Grants
- Back to School Bash
- Assemblies & Educational Programs for our Children
- Mother / Son & Daddy / Daughter Events
- After School Enrichment Programs
- Field Day
- Teacher Appreciation Luncheon
- Student Scholarships
- 8th Grade Breakfast
- And many others......
PTO Scholarship Information
The Belmar Elementary School PTO is once again awarding two $1,000 scholarships to recent high school graduates to help with the cost of continuing their education after high school. To qualify, the applicant must be 1) a graduate of Belmar Elementary School, 2) graduating high school this June, and (3) attending college in the fall. The scholarship recipients will be selected based on several factors, including academics, community service, involvement in extracurricular activities, and the applicant’s essay submission.
Applications must be postmarked by May 15, 2020. Recipients will be selected no later than May 31, 2020, and will be notified via email.
ALL APPLICANTS SHOULD BE:
- GRADUATING SENIORS ATTENDING COLLEGE IN THE FALL
- GRADUATES OF BELMAR ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
The mission of Belmar's PTO is to make our school a great place for our kids to thrive. We do this by raising money, and offering fun and educational assemblies, activities and programs that enhance our students learning experience throughout the school year. Belmar Elementary PTO works to bring together the parents and teachers of our students, our local businesses and community. This unique collaboration allows us to achieve our goals and expand them to meet even more specific needs of our students and school.
School boards, including Belmar’s, belong to a state organization, creatively known as the New Jersey School Boards’ Association. They are trying to do outreach to parents to educate them about how schools work and how parents can best advocate on behalf of their kids. They now have a webpage on their site specifically dedicated to parents. I’d like to get the information out to our PTO parents.
PTO Sponsored Winter Enrichment
******PTO Sponsored Fall Enrichment *******