The FCC would like to remind you that enrollment in the Emergency Broadband Benefit begins tomorrow, Wednesday, May 12, 2021. We are asking for your help in raising awareness about the launch of this important and timely program.
The Emergency Broadband Benefit Program is a Federal Communications Commission (FCC) program that provides a temporary discount on monthly broadband bills for qualifying low-income households. If your household is eligible, you can receive:
- Up to a $50/month discount on your broadband service and associated equipment rentals
- A one-time discount of up to $100 for a laptop, tablet, or desktop computer (with a co-payment of more than $10 but less than $50)
There are three ways eligible households can enroll:
- Directly with a local participating provider. The FCC maintains a list of participating providers, sorted by state and territory.
- Enroll online with the Universal Service Administrative Company (USAC) at their website www.getemergencybroadband.org. (The enrollment button will not be live until May 12th).
- Or download a paper application at the www.getemergencybroadband.org site, fill out the application, and mail it – along with supporting documentation – to USAC